Vidhya Balan was born on 1 January 1979 in Palakkad, Kerala, India. She is an Indian Film and works in Bollywood film industry. She is popular in the industry and established herself in the highest top paid actress in the Bollywood. Her Net worth is US$ 15 Million and she is charging 10-12 Crores per movie.
Early Life of Vidhya Balan
Her father name is P.R Balan who is a vice president of ETC channel and her mother is Saraswathy Balan. She has one elder sister Priya Balan. She went to ST. Anthony Girls High School for doing her schooling and then she entered into ST Xavier’s College to read Sociology. She then went to the University of Mumbai to complete her MA. Along with Bollywood films, she has also acted in Bengali and Malayalam movies. She belongs to Iyer family who speaks the Tamil language. She got her first film when she was studying Sociology in Mumbai.
Career of Vidhya Balan
She started her career by hosting TV shows, music events and advertisements before prior to receive an offer. She got her first film in Bengali Bhalo Theko which released in the year 2003. The movie was directed by Goutam Halder and she won the Award for this movie. She was also featured in various music videos by Shubha Mudgal, Pankaj Udas, Euphoria, she started her acting career from the serial Hum Paanch in the year 1995. She got her first debut film Paineeta in Bollywood in 2005 and that’s where her journey was started in the Bollywood. This movie was successful at the Box office and her acting was praised by everyone. Then she acted in Lage Raho Munna Bhai in the year 2006 which was a Blockbuster hit at the Box office and she became the start after that.
Her acting was loved by the fans and critics in the movie and after that, there was no looking back for her, she worked in some great movies including Heyy Baby, Guru, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, in the year 2007 and made success in all of these movies. She got a lot of appreciation for her performances in these movies. From 2009 to 2011 she was making successful hits in the film industry, she acted in Paa in the year 2009, Ishqiya in 2010. No one killed Jessica in 2011 and The Dirty Picture in 2011. All of them were successful at the Box Office. She has won so many awards and nominations for her good performances in the movies.
Achievements of Vidhya Balan
- She won the Best Female Debutant for Parineeta in the year 2006 at Apsara Film Guild Awards.
- She received special Honour Award for Paa in the year 2011 at Apsara Film Guild Awards.
- She has won the Star Debut Award for Parineeta in the year 2006 at IIFA.
- She received Best Actress Award for Paa in the year 2010 at Star Screen Awards.
- She won the Best Actress Award for Ishqiya in the year 2011 at Star Screen Awards.
- She won the Best Actress Award for The Dirty Picture in the year 2012 at Star Screen Awards.
- She has also won the Padma Shri awarded by Government in the year 2014.